Are pets allowed in cabins and campground?
- Cabins, pets are an additional $30 per day.
- Campgroud, pets are an additional $7 per day.
What time is check-in and check-out?
- Check-in: 3pm
- Check-out: 10am
Are you open year-round?
- Our summer season opens Memorial Day and runs through mid-October
- Our winter season opens December 26th through March 31st
Where are you located on the Gunflint Trail?
- Hungry Jack Lodge 2.5 miles off the Gunflint Trail
- We are 32 miles from the beginning of the Gunflint Trail in Grand Marais and 35 miles from the end
- Click here to view area maps
How far are you from Canada?
- Hungry Jack Lodge is 2 miles (as the crow flies) from the Canadian border
What kind of amenities are included in the cabins?
- All of our cabins are equipped with linens, towels, cooking utensils, dishes, dish soap, microwave, coffee pot, toaster, 4-burner range with oven, fridge/freezer, and charcoal grill (charcoal is available for purchase).
Does each cabin have it’s own dock?
- Yes, all cabins (except Deer Cabin) have their own private dock on Hungry Jack Lake
Do you sell gas?
- Yes, we have a gas pump on-site with 91 octane fuel
Do you have a boat launch at Hungry Jack Lodge?
- Yes, our boat launch is free for guests to use and $10 for non-guests
Does Hungry Jack Lake have a HP restriction?
Are boat rentals available for non-guests?
- Yes. See more information about our boat rentals and rates here.
What type of boats are available to rent at Hungry Jack Lodge?
- We have aluminum canoes, kevlar canoes, kayaks, fishing boats, and pontoons.
- See more information about our boat rentals and rates here.
What type of fish are in Hungry Jack Lake and when do they bite the best?
- Hungry Jack Lake has smallmouth bass, walleye, northern pike, bluegill, and perch
- Walleye are best in May and June
- Smallmouth bass bite all summer long
Do you sell fishing bait?
- We have leeches and night crawlers available for purchase in our bait and tackle shop
Do you sell fishing licenses?
- Yes, a valid driver license and social security number are required for issuing
Are there any special fishing regulations?
- Yes, please review the current Minnesota DNR fishing regulations
Do you have firewood for sale?
- Yes, $5 per bundle
What type of amenities do you have in your campground?
- Our campground has hook-ups for water and electricity (30 amp)
- Each camp site includes a picnic table and fire ring
- The campground also has a central dump station
Are there any hiking trails in the area?
Do you have Wi-Fi?
Is there cellular coverage at Hungry Jack Lodge?
Do you have a cancelation policy?
- Yes, please review our deposit and cancelation policies here
Can I make a cabin reservation online?