COVID-19 Linen Policy
For our guest’s safety, Hungry Jack Lodge requires that all of our overnight cabin guests must bring their own cover which includes a blanket or comforter and pillow. We will still provide sheets and towels for your needs plus kitchen supplies. If you would like to check bed configurations, please see our accommodations here. Thank you for your understanding at this time.
Are pets allowed in cabins and campground?
- Cabins, pets are an additional $30 per day.
- Campgroud, pets are an additional $8 per day.
What time is check-in and check-out?
- Check-in: 3pm
- Check-out: 10am
Are you open year-round?
- Our summer season opens Memorial Day and runs through mid-October
- Our winter season opens December 26th through March 31st
Where are you located on the Gunflint Trail?
- Hungry Jack Lodge 2.5 miles off the Gunflint Trail
- We are 32 miles from the beginning of the Gunflint Trail in Grand Marais and 35 miles from the end
- Click here to view area maps
How far are you from Canada?
- Hungry Jack Lodge is 2 miles (as the crow flies) from the Canadian border
What kind of amenities are included in the cabins?
- All of our cabins are equipped with linens, towels, cooking utensils, dishes, dish soap, microwave, coffee pot, toaster, 4-burner range with oven, fridge/freezer, and charcoal grill (charcoal is available for purchase).
Does each cabin have it’s own dock?
- Yes, all cabins (except Deer Cabin) have their own private dock on Hungry Jack Lake
Do you sell gas?
- Yes, we have a gas pump on-site with 91 octane fuel
Do you have a boat launch at Hungry Jack Lodge?
- Yes, our boat launch is free for guests to use and $10 for non-guests
Does Hungry Jack Lake have a HP restriction?
Are boat rentals available for non-guests?
- Yes. See more information about our boat rentals and rates here.
What type of boats are available to rent at Hungry Jack Lodge?
- We have aluminum canoes, kevlar canoes, kayaks, fishing boats, and pontoons.
- See more information about our boat rentals and rates here.
What type of fish are in Hungry Jack Lake and when do they bite the best?
- Hungry Jack Lake has smallmouth bass, walleye, northern pike, bluegill, and perch
- Walleye are best in May and June
- Smallmouth bass bite all summer long
Do you sell fishing bait?
- We have leeches and night crawlers available for purchase in our bait and tackle shop
Do you sell fishing licenses?
- Yes, a valid driver license and social security number are required for issuing
Are there any special fishing regulations?
- Yes, please review the current Minnesota DNR fishing regulations
Do you have firewood for sale?
- Yes, $5 per bundle
What type of amenities do you have in your campground?
- Our campground has hook-ups for water and electricity (30 amp)
- Each camp site includes a picnic table and fire ring
- The campground also has a central dump station
Are there any hiking trails in the area?
Do you have Wi-Fi?
Is there cellular coverage at Hungry Jack Lodge?
Do you have a cancelation policy?
- Yes, please review our deposit and cancelation policies here
Can I make a cabin reservation online?